The Royal Hospital Haslar, completed in 1762, was built to provide a dedicated military hospital for the Royal Navy. Set in over 60 acres of beautiful parkland, with many Georgian Grade II listed buildings and a prime seafront location, Haslar has a long tradition of delivering care and well-being to its residents.
In November 2009 the Ministry of Defence (MoD) sold the site to OurEnterprise, a company dedicated to pioneering new models of social and community-led regeneration. This new model is delivered through a Social Enterprise Partnership between public, private, and third-sector organisations, which together commit to deliver a united vision of physical, economic, social and cultural regeneration.
Today the Royal Haslar site extends to approximately 62 acres of land and comprises approximately 75,000 square meters of buildings. Eighteen buildings on the site are either Grade II or II* listed. For extensive further historical information please see www.haslarheritagegroup.co.uk, who are working in partnership with OurEnterprise to ensure that the heritage and history of the site is made fully accessible.